Thursday, March 08, 2007

I get to be in a focus group!

Not to make anyone, er, jealous or anything, but I am excited...I've been invited to be part of a focus group for my favorite knitting people, Knit Picks. The company is based here in Vancouver, WA--so lucky me gets to trot on down to their office (which is, like, 1.5 miles away from my house) to check out new products and give my opinion. Don't ask me how I got invited. I probably only got their first catalogue because we're in the city limits. But I feel like one of the privileged few who gets to go to a movie premiere or something (shows you how much I get out now)!

Of course I'll have to bring (or wear) my knitting "credentials"--the one sweater I have actually completed using Knit Picks wool and my work-in-progress 16th century knitted wool stockings, also using their stuff. The excitement probably lies in seeing their latest products, which are always rather innovative, quality stuff--and at prices that tightwad knitters don't have to feel guilty about. The $25 gift credit doesn't hurt either.

I'm supposed to go on Monday, so I'll blog about it and let everyone know how it went!

No comments: